For more information on what our current opinions and goals are regarding React best practices, refer to the following resources as noted:
- A general list of React best practices (ignore the "for beginners").
- Sift Science's advice on React best practices, especially the bits about single-responsibility components.
- This blog post gives a useful comparison of ES5 vs. ES6 React Component classes, with the caveat that we try to keep to stateless functional components (see next point) instead of classes as much as possible.
- The official React documentation for (stateless) functional components.
- Mixins Considered Harmful is a great blog post to read from the React team, even though we never used mixins much (a few small ones may exist in blip): read the post instead for the great explanation of the "higher-order components" pattern as an alternative to mixins.